Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Thinking of Spring


 Borrowed this illustration from the web. It made me smile and reminded me spring is coming. I love seed catalogs, especially vintage ones, but reading them is about all I do. I wish I wanted to plant from seed. My late husband always planted seeds in the garden, his spots. Sunflowers and morning glories mostly. He was a patient man. Me? I've got to buy plants to put in the soil. Instant gratification? Yes, I admit it. I love to plant something that is ready to bloom, waiting is hard to do. Especially when the first signs of warm weather creep in I want to see color in my yard. As I type this and look out my french doors, daffodils are in bloom. They come back every year on their own. I'm worried a cold snap will come and they will leave. But for now, they remind me of all the beautiful flowers that will return this year (flowers planted by the previous owners of my house) and have me looking at photos on Instagram of beaufitul gardens, wondering what plants will I buy, bursting with buds, to plant on my patio. Perhaps I'll try a bit of patience and remember that big guy who loved morning glories and sunflowers and buy a few seed packs to see if I have any green in my thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful For Books Giveaway with WOW! Women On Writing

 I'm excited my novella "Christmas With Ginger" is one of the many books in this fabulous giveaway with WOW! Women On Writing....